Friday, December 18, 2009

Recycled Christmas Cards to Gift Tags

I save everything.  Every little bow, ribbon or scrap of rafia that comes my way via gifts and packaging.  I have a bag in the laundry area where these things get accumulated throughout the year.  It's great because when it is time for me to wrap gifts I have a lot of recycled items to choose from to make the perfect presentation! 

I've also been saving Christmas cards that we've received.  Someone posted a great idea about making gift tags from recycled Christmas cards on the Facebook Fan page back when we were running our Green for the Holidays Giveaway.

I decided to combine my stash of bows and ribbons with that idea and create some gift tags for our canned food & goodie baskets we're giving out to our friends this year.


Gather your supplies. 

This is a pretty, easy, and earth friendly project you can do in a short time.  All you need are some scissors, a hole punch, a stack of last years cards, some ribbon and a pen.


Choose an overall pattern to cut out for your tag.
Be sure there's no writing on the backside of the picture.

Each card is different, so you'll just have to take a look and decide on a pleasing pattern for the shape of your gift tag.  This one I simply cut out following the over all shape of the main design on the card.  Once you decide on your pattern, cut it out using the scissors, then find a good spot in the design to punch your hole. 

Here's a few in process.  You can see I just cut them out
following the overall pattern of the picture.


Now add a cute bow made from your recycled ribbons


Add your message to the back

So spread your holiday cheer and feel good because you are recycling and giving a gift to the earth too!


Here's the tags I made!

1 comment:

  1. Such simple (and pretty) little tags! Now why didn't i think of that?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? I'd love to hear what you think!

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails